Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A letter I will never send...

Dear Angeli,

It's been 5 years since we've last talked, but it feels like it's been an etrnity. An eternity without hearing your laugh or your voice. An eternity without feeling your embrace or seeing your sweet smile. We used to do everything together and we would spend the whole day just hanging out at each others houses, which was easy because we lived right next door to each other. People thought we were best friends, but you would always correct them and say we were "soul sisters."
 Do you remember how we used to love eating macaroni and cheese while watching movies all day? And how we never really finished a single movie because we had too much fun just pausing it and laughing at the funny faces the actors made?
Do you remember how we would just sit in the living room and laugh for hours uncontrollably for no reason at all?

And do you remember how we would listen to our favorite bands and sing to every song we knew?
I remember. But I don't think you do. Because one day you just stopped talking to me. At school you hung out with other people. Every time we passed by each other, you couldn't even look at me. Then one day you moved houses without even telling me.
What happened? I thought you said we were going to grow old and marry twins and get married on the same day. I thought you said we were going to be soul sisters forever. Did you forget? Or did you just stop caring?

Sincerely,

Jesayka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Your comments always put a smile on my face. <3